Saturday, June 28, 2008

All-purpose spray

Here is my all-purpose cleaner. Fill a large 32-ounce spray bottle with the following: (preferable one that is recyclable)

2 cups of water
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon pure castile soap
3/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide
20 drops of tea tree oil- This is a natural bacterial/fungus killer
20 drops of lavender or lemongrass essential oil- THIS WILL CUT THE VINEGAR SMELL
If you live in a place that attracts lots of insects (that get into the house) add citronella essential oil to the bottle,as it is an excellent insect repellent!

Recipe for window/glass cleaner:
In a plastic spray bottle mix equal portions of distilled vinegar and water. This cleans glass like nothing I have ever used!!!

Baking Soda:
I can not say enough about it!! It's AMAZING. It really cute the grim and grease in my kitchen sink!! That's all I use in my kitchen sink now. I have also used it to get marker off my built in book cases in my living room as well as a few spot of my stainless steal sink!!

This is a recipe my friend Rachel shared in the comments from my last post. Rachel has some great tips on here website!!
All-Purpose Bathroom Cleaner
1/2 cup vinegar
2 cups (1 pint) rubbing alcohol
1 teaspoon dishwashing soap
Combine it all in one gallon of water. (A vinegar jug is just right)
Put some in a spray bottle, and this will clean and disinfect everything in your bathroom - and clean the mirror and windows, too! It's nice to be able to reuse the bottles each time, too, so there's no garbage.


2 comments:

Rachel Ollivant said...

I'm going to try adding some oils to my cleaner...that's a really good idea!

Think I could get those at Fred Meyer? Dawn said she found some at Wild Oats, but I'm trying to figure out somewhere close to home - out-of-the-way trips have been a pain lately!

:) Rachel

Melody C. Bondurant said...

These are great! I already have most the ingredients...so now I just need to throw out the "collection" of other cleaners that are literally just sitting in my cupboard because I don't use them anyway!

Eating nutritionally and living naturally on a budget is my vision for my family