Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today is the day, HE MUST learn to take the bottle!

I'm going in for some testing today and won't be able to breastfeed my 8 month old for 24 hours. We have tried giving him a bottle in the past but has been resistant to taking it. As you can imagine I'm very nervous about how my little guy is going to react to this sudden change. But, he has been doing very well the last 2 weeks with solids so I know he isn't going to starve. Pray for us, wish us luck and any advice would gladly be received to help us through the process!

I will be posting on our experience in 24 more hours!! :)

2 comments:

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Oh, good luck. At least he is eating solids and you know he'll get some nutrition. Sometimes they'll take it from someone else when mom's not around, just because they know it's their only option.
The other thing to try is maybe just a sippy cup. It might be different enough he'll give it a try???
My kids, on the other hand, have never had trouble with the bottle...if it's food, they'll take it!!! OY!

Tana said...

We have tried the someone else besides mom option but doesn't seem to work so much. I was thinking about the cup option and I think that is going to be my best bet! Thanks for the advice & encouragment.

Eating nutritionally and living naturally on a budget is my vision for my family