Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A long night....

Last night was rough. I am not sure if Austen is/was teething more (goodness the kid has 7 teeth and he is only 9 months) but he was having the HARDEST time getting to sleep and I can't tell you how many times he awoke during the night. I think his longest stretch of sleep was from like 12ish to 3am. It seems like he waking up congested and just needed snuggles from Mom. Maybe, his first cold/runny nose/ cough (although there is no evidence of a cough yet) when he woke up this morning at 6:30am he didn't have a fever.

So, I went to the store today and I bought a humidifier for just his room, pedicare for stuffy noses and vapor rub. I was hoping to find a hylands all natural product for infants but no such luck. I may be over reacting but I am making sure all the basis are covered. My sleep is very precious to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try these teething/irritability drops. They are the only thing that helps Ashley with teething! They are called Camilia by Bioron. They are a homeopathic form of teething relief. It also helps if they are just in a mood. I can only find them at a herbal or vitamin store down here. Believe me they work wonders!!

Tana said...

I have some of those and they do work. I think the stuffy nose was more of the problem. And last night he slept GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

We don't use humidifiers down here (already too much humidity) but I do use the Gental Vapors and it seems to help. Also with Ash I steam her with euclyptus oil. I turn on the shower as hot as possible, add few drops of eucalyptus oil that I found and close the bathroom door. I wait about 5-10 mins, turn off the shower and put her in the bathroom with the door close to play for a few minutes. This really works and I feel better doing that than giving her any type of meds. Give it a try!

Tana said...

Wow, I will have to try that!

Eating nutritionally and living naturally on a budget is my vision for my family