Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ham and Asparagus Chowder

This was the perfect dinner after a cold, wet and rainy day. It was especially a hit with my hubby.

1 1/2 cups cubed unpeeled red potatoes
1/2 cup of water
1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 pieces of frozen or fresh asparagus spears
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
1 can (103/4oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of milk
Freshly ground pepper if desired

1) In 2-quart saucepan, heat potatoes and water to boiling. Reduce heat to medium. Cover, cook about 5 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender.

2) Add asparagus and ham. Cover, cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in soup and milk. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with pepper before serving.

This was super easy to make. I measured everything out ahead of time...you could even make this the day or night before.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melody C. Bondurant said...

This sounds perfect. I've been in a soup/crock pot mood lately. Something I can fix and let sit.
Being pregnant and keeping up with two little men usually finds me pretty tired by the time dinner rolls around. And anything done earlier is a blessed relief.

Eating nutritionally and living naturally on a budget is my vision for my family