Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Timeless gifts for my family #1

Simple yet often forgotten gift #1: Giving the best ME! Not the best Mom or Dad but the best ME! There is only one perfect parent out there and that's our heavenly father and he certainly doesn't expect me to be perfect.
I am going to set realistic expectations- The best me is not required 100% of the time. My heavenly fathers grace goes along way if I allow it to.
So, I have made a "for me list" to help me to give and be the best me so that I don't lose my perspective.
1) Time for myself a few times a month.
2) Keeping my fuel tank full so what I am giving my family is overflow and not leftovers!
3) Take care of my body: a) Sleep the process in which the body regenerates itself b) Eating nutritional foods that are filled with the essential vitamins and minerals my body needs. c) exercise gets me out of the house and feeling energized.
4) "Presenting myself" taking the time to get dressed as well as a few minutes "primping" myself gives so much more motivation plus I am worth it and so is my husband!! I have a friend who says, putting on your shoes is important, it's the finishing touch to getting you in the, "I am ready to accomplish mindset."
5) Keeping my mind in high gear when dealing with the endless tasks of a home is challenging but reading time, computer time and my attempts to at crafty time help me with this.
6) Keeping accountable with someone.
7) Setting limits to my day. Just because I home doesn't mean I have time for everything!
8) Weekly sacred time with my hubby either a creative date at home or a night on the town to refuel and connect with each other!!
I am so blessed to have a husband who also wants me to be my best and is willing to do what it takes to make this possible!!

3 comments:

Mandajuice said...

This is the stuff that's hardest for me!

Sarah said...

I love it! All the essentials to a happy, healthy momma. Don't forget a healthy dose of friend time! Living "in community" is the only way to go (no that isn't a plug for small groups necessarily but was part of a message that I heard last weekend)and it bears mentioning.

Love you Tana ... Miss you tons!

Trina G. said...

I totally agree with you. The "primping" is hard for me, but DO it, because it does make a difference in my attitude, which in turn is postive in OUR relationship. Also, Friday is our date night, and is neccesary. When we don't have alone time, it really affects me for the rest of the week. That connection is so important. It makes us better mothers:)

Eating nutritionally and living naturally on a budget is my vision for my family