Thursday, February 28, 2008

Timeless gifts for my family #2

I don't know about anyone else but there are times when I allow myself to end the day feeling unaccomplished....having just cleaned the kitchen or washed the boys clothes only to rise again to clean the kitchen and wash the very same clothes I just washed the day before. The last week I have been shift my thinking?? Making a "did list". So, instead of looking at my tasks as being forever endless I have attached a relational value to them, viewing them as an investment of my time and progress towards reaching my goals. As a result I have had a much more joyful attitude!! My list has looked like this.

Today's accomplishments and investments:
1) I drank 8 glasses of water today to keep myself hydrated and healthy!
2) Today I prepared home cooked meals for my family to provide for their nutritional needs.
3) Cleaned up the kitchen to take care of the house I have been given.
4) Did 2 loads of laundry to take care of the physical needs of my family.
5) Read stories to the boys to further expand thier minds.
6) Gave the boys choices today to teach them about being responsible.
7) Tried to modle a positive attitude for my children.
8) Encouraged Joshua to serve his brother by going and getting him a toy he really likes while playing and at the grocery store encouraging Joshua to pick out a snack he knows his brother would like.

Just sharing my attempts to help me keep things in perspective!! What works for you all??

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Did you just say you all? That is awful close to ya'll....

This is great! I need to do that. I think a to do list written in that format would help me. #1,#2 and #3 would be the following.
Show my hubby I love him by putting clean underwear in his drawer. (laundry)

Eating nutritionally and living naturally on a budget is my vision for my family